Online Classes During Lockdown
With the country in lock down people are turning online to either keep up their dance/singing/acting skills or even to try to learn a new one. I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of all the online classes during lockdown out there!
- @prosfromtheshows are doing online 30 min workshops each day with a 15min Q&A afterwards. Past workshops have included Marisha Wallace and acting through song and Layton Williams who ran a Hairspray workshop. He is also the director of the company. The workshops are run on a pay what you can afford basis. For more info email email@example.com
- @westendbootcamp has a variety of classes on Mondays at 7pm where choreographers are teaching routines from the shows or giving you vocal classes. Examples include Aaron Renfree and the Eugenius routine and Alice Fearne with song choices, techniques and more. Classes are £7.50 for a 75 min class. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org
- @mt_livestreamers is a group of musical theatre students teaching classes. There is a variety of topics from MT rep to Bollywood and from tap to relaxation. All classes are on Instagram live.
- @londonsingerstudio has daily classes at 11am on Instagram. Past classes have included airflow and breathing, tongue n jaw and registers n qualities. Classes are free!
- The Sing Space Singer’s Hub on Facebook are running regular singing classes including breathing anatomy, how to sing and singing warm ups. The daily singing warm up is 10:30am Mon-Sat. The classes in the members hub are £5 a class.
- Capezio are doing lots of home classes on Instagram live, with hip hop, tap and ballet already being featured. If you go to their Instagram page and watch their stories, in the live feed you are bound to find a class to do. They are at @capezio,
- Debbie Allen from ‘Fame’ fame is holding a weekly Instagram dance class on Wednesday and Saturdays. Check out her page at @therealdebbieallen
- Talking of Debbie Allen she also has classes via her dance academy. These classes are on zoom and include jazz, Zumba and more. Visit her website to sign up.
- Magnetic movement has launched a weekly tutorials of their routines. Their latest one is to everybody from & Juliet. On top of this they have Live classes on their Facebook and Instagram page on Monday and Wednesday evenings 7-8:30pm for a bit of Musical Theatre jazz. Follow them on Instagram – @magneticmovement_1
- @clistudios have dance classes online from a variety of choreographers with what seems like a focus on hip hop and contemporary but the occasional tap, ballroom, popping, krump and more thrown in! These all take place on Instagram live.
- @theballetcoach is an ex member of the national ballet and she is running 18 Instagram classes a week for everyone from 2 year olds up to Grandparents. This includes a basic and intermediate adults class. All classes are on Instagram live.
- @chariss_renouf_ is another ballet teacher. Her classes focus is barre work and classes are Mon/Wed/Fri at 10.30am on Instagram live.
- @tierneyheap is a royal ballet dancer and a Bloch influencer. She has ballet classes Tuesday/Thursday at 10.30 on Instagram live.
- @sanderblommaert is another former royal ballet dancing. He has ballet classes at 11am each day on Instagram live
- @lockdownlivelondon hosts a daily workout at 6pm with a west end star. These have included the Six Queens and Sarah O Connor. Check out their live insta feed for the class. It is up for 24 hours afterwards so you can join in anytime.
- @steffiegc is a personal trainer and dancer. She is running numerous daily classes including stretch and abs classes. Classes are via zoom so drop her a DM on Instagram for the code.
There are so many classes out there but these are some of my favourites. Do let me know if I have missed some of your favourites and I will try to add to this list as lockdown goes on.